- Climate Science
Taken from Wikipedia
- · In 1960 Charles David Keeling demonstrated that the level of CO2 in the atmosphere was in fact rising.
Concern mounted year by year along with the rise of the "Keeling Curve" of atmospheric CO2.
- · In 1972, John Sawyer accurately predicted the rate of global warming for the period between 1972 and 2000.
"The increase of 25% CO2 expected by the end of the century therefore corresponds to an increase of 0.6°C
in the world temperature - an amount somewhat greater than the climatic variation of recent centuries."
- · In 1988 Dr. James Hansen said that NASA was 99% confident
that the warming was caused by the accumulation of greenhouse gases
in the atmosphere and not a random fluctuation.
- · The science of climate change has been known for many years.
- · In 2016 only 48% of Americans believed that climate change was due to human activity.
- Pew Research Center
- · Perhaps the combination of art with science might make a greater impact on public opinion
than science alone.
Lignite-fired power plant, Neurath, Germany
Carbon dioxide (CO2) emitted in 2014: 32,400,000 tons
Mercury emitted in 2014: 672 kg
Nitrogen oxides emitted in 2014: 22,600 tons
Sulphur oxides emitted in 2014: 5,980 tons